I'm embarrassingly excited about somebody else's wedding

Friend SR is getting married in November, and I'm uncharacteristically, almost embarrassingly excited. I won't stop talking about it, bringing up in my conversations with literally every person I talk to. And now, here.

Regular readers of the blog will remember that in the beforetimes I accidentally but intentionally invited myself to SR's birthday party where I ended up at SS's place with eight women. And it was fun, in a very exquisite unique way obviously I'd want to do it again. She was so nice kind gracious about it she kept on insisting she didn't feel pressured, it's just that she didn't know if I was interested, and there's no reason for me to feel weird about it at all.

That was in the beforetimes, before I went to Nepal before Singapore before you know everything happened.

Since then SR moved back home got settled down and had things figured out enough for her to be in a position to get married. I didn't know anything about it, in my defense. We hadn't had a proper farewell and her departure was rushed by...everything happening in the world, their family vacation plans were doused over etcetera. I wanted to catch up with what was happening on her side and reached out to her on Viber.

And helloooo guess what. Getting Married! And I'm invited! She instructed me to reach out to SS to figure out the details, but insisted that she was very happy to be able to see me again, for her wedding. SS tells me no, SR considers me a good friend after all and she's not at all weirded out by having to invite me. I'm like really excited guys.

The only problem at hand at this point is my clothes. My only nice pair that I'd be able to put on is a pair of nice sherwani that I got gifted more than a decade ago. Then there's the sports-jacket and grey trousers combo that yeah won't be declared as 'killer' by anybody in the fashion media but I'd be able to hold my eyes on level with everybody else. I guess my daura suruwal set counts too, though if I"m going to be reusing the sports jacket, it might look a bit weird. Time to bring out my dad's waistcoat? Hope they fit me.

The concern is that there may be more ceremonies than I have clothes. So I need to get clothes made for the occasion of somebody else's wedding. And I'm totally fine with it. There's not enough nice clothes, it'd be cool to have a few pairs around.

As I wrote this, I called somebody and talked to them for 20 minutes about how excited I am to go to this wedding, you know how it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.