Oh right, the cute-girl exception

This is really fluff. There's nothing more to this, no substance, no real observation. Just some shameless exposing of my thoughts beliefs and action that'll help you understand the madness that is my head. Or like, just, whatever dude.

I don't drink. Alcohol that is. There's some mild exceptions. I will...sip, a very small sip, when I absolutely have to, only in the company of the nearest and dearest friends. I will take maybe a couple of sips, couple of thimblefuls of liquor when there's good news, such as when a good friend gets a job after a long time searching for one. Or has their visa issues sorted out easily. Or when I'm tasting my own..uh..medicine.

And then there's the cute-girl exception.

Which is, I will absolutely drink if somebody who is close to my heart says they'll share a drink with me, and drink only if I do. Even in those cases, the actual intake is quite small, less than half a drink and barely enough to get one drunk. But significant enough that I can't say I've never drunk in so many years.

This exception has been barely used. The first time was with SST. She didn't drink, and neither did I. But I said I'd make an exception if she did, and she said so would she. So we drank. She barely touched her glass, I finished about half of it. The second time was with SS the other day, she didn't know about it until we were already drinking. It's possible the offer would have been off the table but I'm better off for it so not gonna overthink that one.

Oh and I think I used it like two times in Nepal last year but that doesn't count because I didn't really mean to drink, and some of it was with family so the 'cute girl' part doesn't even make sense, and also crappy local jaar barely counts as liquor.

I've made it so that it's not easy to game it. You can't just make somebody close to my heart tell me to drink, not how it works. Must share a drink with them. Under small company, in good mood and lighting, where conversations can freely flow where there's at least a minimal level of trust among all the other parties involved. Well the last part has been waived on at least one occasion.

I dunno, I tell people I'm making a cute/nice-girl exception for them and perhaps that's not cool or perhaps I gotta really do this with everybody, but the point is to not make this about the people, this is about my absolutely indifference to alcohol, the fear of the hangover, and being over with all the getting drunk or buzzed off of a substance that hurts my body, immediately as well in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.