Vax registration, fun and busy at work, great lunch sandwich, slow drive to Boston, vaccine!, Mr. Crepe dinner, conversations with SS [Fri 2]

The morning began well. Even though I fell rested somehow I was chillin' on my bed, I got the email from the Mass Covid vaccine people telling me it was time for me to register for the vaccine. Got online and searched around a few places, and discovered that there was a date available for later in the day after work so I went straight to it! Same day dates!

Work was super duper busy because we were preparing for our hackathon presentations, as well as closing off the work we had done for it. We were in multiple hourlong conversations. Towards the end of the day we decided that our presentation would be in a comedy skit format, what a great concept. I was so happy I forgot to depart on time for my vaccine!

For lunch I pan-toasted a dinner roll in butter, made sure both sides were super soft but not soggy, fried an egg, and dumped the opened dinner roll on top, making an in-situ egg sammich. It was a bit too boring so dumped ketchup and Texaspete on top, and boyoboy it was so good I had fond memories of backbay sammiches I used to get back in the day. Ahh but the sweet memories. I'm afraid the favourite sandwich place will have shutdown forever by the time everybody goes back to work, and I'll be stuck with stupid overpriced unfilling salads and other expensive crap.

Since I didn't leave job too early, I had to take taxi apps again despite promising to never use those again. Big mistake. I paid twenty bucks for the ride that normally cost six, and would've been two if I'd taken the public transport. And there was no real reason to get there on the dot it turns out there's a lot of slack. And finally there was so much traffic in Boston that day I ended up getting there right about the time public transport would have gotten somebody anyway. That wasn't great.

But the being vaccinated part was perfect! They're quite well organized, I waited for 15 minutes in the line, four to get the actual shot and then fifteen minutes in the observation. That was it, I was free! Wanted to chill in downtown Boston but it was chilly and windy and I wasn't prepared, so after walking around the prudential center mall, I took the red line home.

I knew there were folks coming over but also aware there's often meat-based dinner plans made, so I gave myself a nice treat and had a mind-clearing chill dinner at Mr. Crepe in Davis. A savory crepe with an extra egg, eleven bucks including tips and oh so filling.

Back home SRP and SS were already over. SRP made chicken, roommate PK did rice. I drank a little bit because SS offered and I have the cutegirl exception to not drinking. I was meeting SS after a year and felt really full of energy and excitement and eagerness or wait did we no we didn't meet in between I must have dreamt that, talked a lot, far too loudly. But the vaccine still made me tired and sapped away all my energy. People left at half-past twelve but I was already in my room because I was too tired. I gotta get my shit together. It was a privilege, as I said.

Went to bed a little sore on my arms, confused, tired worried, all because of the goddamn vaccine, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.