Comparing oneself in relation to others is the cause of unhappiness

For a very short period of time yesterday I was a bit nervous confused worried, because somebody I know had been doing really well and they were talking about how exciting things lay ahead of them and all of that, and I began questioning my life choices up to this point. Do I really not care about financial prosperity as much as I like to believe? Is it possible making myself more uhh dedicated to more intense work and taking away my personal free time for work-related stuff in exchange for higher way is the way forward? Should I have dated seriously way back when I was not ready, and people I wasn't super duper into, hoping it'd all work out and counting on the stability of the situation trumping everything else? How did I get to be such an awful judge of people's character, where did I go wrong.

Those were the things that were considered in a brief moment of uncertainty and evaluation.

It went away pretty quick because I know what I want, and the way I have come is what has shaped me and I'm comfortable with my self. Comparing oneself against others is the path to misery and unhappiness, never being happy with anything ever, and that's to be avoided. There's contention and peace and a path ahead for progress, that's what matters the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.