Din Tai Fung: Review

I had remembered Din Tai Fung as an overpriced Chinese food chain that served mediocre food across the world. After by recent visit to the Pacific Place outlet with GF and his partner, my opinion has changed.

It's neither overpriced -- I got an excellent vegetable fried rice for sixteen dollars pre-tax which in Seattle in these wild times is almost a steal, and yeah the serving size was not the largest but it was the perfect size for me -- not is it mediocre. The aforementioned fried rice was excellent as far as I wanted to get the recipe to try to replicate at home. I found nothing lacking in the dish. We shared an order of chocolate bao for the table, which wasn't the ideal flavor, but it was excellent as well, and also quite reasonably priced, for the location and time.

The ambience was casual-upscale, the servers were smartly dressed and professional. The cute host that showed me to our table, quite a walk actually, was chatty and friendly, which I liked.

We were all surprised by the end of our meal how full we were, and how full our wallets still were. Excellent meal for an excellent price, there's very little to dislike even if you're a vegetarian.

Eight point five stars out of ten, I'm taking away the 1.5 stars because they should try incorporating more non-meat items on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.