Knee problem and recovery

The knee pain on my right leg has been a bit of an issue. It happens usually when my body has forgotten the habit of regular walking, and I bring it to the world of Seattle where 12-14k steps daily are a fact of life and it cannot cope. Then I start hobbling, when messes up the balance of muscles etcetera, my other leg starts overexerting, then the left knee starts aching as well, and somehow the hips get sore too.

As always, the treatment is using compression pads on the knees so the tendons don't get overly stressed while still getting a bit of a workout. I wear the pad several days when I'm going out on walks, and slowly but surely the knee fixes itself. We're at the point where I'm yet to feel the complete recovery of the knee, but it's stopped aching while I walk in the apartment, so there's been some progress.

Old-age ailments are terrible, but this is life, we must not just accept but embrace the situations that are presented to us, and identify ways to deal with them smartly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.