Mastodon things

Besides the hellsite that contains basically all the forums these days, and the orange site which I've gotten to understand is full of self-important morons that don't care for understanding anything because they think they know everything, my use of, and addiction of, social media has been quite restrained. Snapchat I'm on obviously, and do share stories every so often, but not out of compulsion or a deep desire for attention, but as a way to share things my friends might find interesting.

Mastodon is an exception to that. I'm on the decentralized website once every couple of weeks, and because the way it's designed, never feel compelled to keep using it. My quest for information and connection is easily satiated. In 2017, when I first joined the site, I was super duper eager about the whole worldview and design of federated social media and wanted to work on them somehow, that is not my position anymore. But they're a net positive to the society, unlike facebook and lmao the other moronic site the biggest idiot of them all fucked up.

All in all, good times with the web addiction man, good times. That's all I'll say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.