Must 'I' write the future? I'm not qualified?!

Sometimes it feels,
It is up to me to write the future
And have it come real,
cast the happenings in my vision
of what is to be done,
for the benefit of all.
Because nobody else will.
And that's a bit too much of a pressure, innit?
First of all, I'm not qualified,
and secondly, this is not even my field,
plus surely with all these smart, driven people around
some of them are eager to take care, if they can be found?
Who will I talk to, how do I even get started
What if my vision turns out to have been misguided
the outcomes of my failures may do more harm, even
and all this stress for no rhyme or reason, what a situation!
I don't want to be corrupted, I don't want to mislead,
The goal is to play underhanded games and secretly benefit,
Only one aim remains, the benefit of all my people
In health, wealth, autonomy and happiness
So they may prospoer and thrive, with little stress.
Those aren't lofty goals, I'm not promising a Singapore,
all I'm proposing is giving people a chance to write their destiny.
So why must I do it?
Or should I even, perhaps my light lies elsewhere in the cosmogeny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.