Tummy-troubles due to tea?

Yesterday I had terrible shits, the worst I have had in the US in a long while. There was no clear reason for that, it didn't feel like food poisoning, nothing unusual had been consumed, and the standard of cleanliness was nothing beyond the regular.

The only difference was that I had had a nice strong cupful of China breakfast tea earlier in the day, and then an unmeasured overbrewed cup of silver needle tea, which is supposed to one of the more subtle, 'best' teas in the world.

Caffeine does lead to shits, it turns out, specially for people who are sensitive to it or don't consume it much, somebody like myself. And my dosage yesterday was unclear, I'd ignored all the steeping rules and drank like a madman, shaming the people of the tea culture if they ever found out.

I thought, maybe I don't want to find out, maybe the tea was adulterated or it went bad. But then...boredom took hold, and earlier, as in 15 minutes ago, I followed all the instructions to brew a small cup of tea with all the proper instructions to test my hypothesis. Nothing major has turned up, yet, but that's not to say nothing might.

Ugh what did I even do this for, such a terrible idea. I need to go for a walk, looking like that might not happen at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.