Back to TPS to protect myself

So I'm re-applying for the TPS status, it costs $85 bucks and takes a couple of months to come back with response, but I want to have it with me. Just in case. Because if I get laid off, the options for me are limited...I'll basically have to leave the country which isn't ideal after staying here for so long. When -- and if -- I get the status back on, I'll also ask for the Employment authorization document (EAD) and make sure my options on working in this country are extensive. Who knows, with the current economic situation and the tight labor market, I might pickup a couple of shifts at fun nearby places, to make friends and make back the money for the EAD application, if nothing else.

Yeah, I need an insurance, without it the uncertainty is destabilizing and eats me from the inside. Not the ideal situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.