I haven't really written for the website yet, but I did something else. Two things actually

Yeah so I should have worked day-and-night on the website work. Written like 20 posts for it my now, all great quality, aka what I do for this blog but actually better and readable and respectable. It's a ridiculous expectation. But then so was writing six posts for this blog every day, where would the content even come I thought, my mind would go dry long before I got anywhere close. But look things worked out fine, no?

I did two things instead of writing for the blog this week, and they're accelerate my pace towards the final goal.

First, I created specialized targeted specific outlines for the 25 basic essays, that are to build the foundation for the website. Yeah I mean if I go along with all the other content, there's going to be 120 posts, and 25 are nothing in that context, but that was the original plan: to write 25-30 high-quality content that makes me look incredible in front of a technical audience. I wrote an outline for those posts, using one of the LLM's, and honestly it's better than I thought. So the writing that comes ahead should be rapid. I actually have never ever used outlines to write anything good just for myself truth be told, but who cares, I'm doing it now, it'll be great!

The second point is the collaboration with my sister, she's said she'll be building instagram reels or short videos from the content of my blog posts and other website content. That's her field of expertise. If we can get some real professional touch into that, the air of credibility for my site would be amazing.

Or third point, it's just a realization. Yes, the 'steal this idea' posts are important and so is everything else, but the engineering posts are the primary goal of the entire project and I don't know if I want to touch anything else before finishing them. Now I'm thinking I want to complete the engineering blog posts, actually work on the UI/UX of the website, and then get around to other material. Because the other things are optional, ultimately, the engineering posts and the website revamp is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.