Reading Hindus, an exhilarating story

Doniger's book,
History of our people
For four thousand years
Western Asia to Vindhya Mountains
From the Himalayas
To the Southern Seas
And the lands far to the East,
People of the Vedas and after that,
And how women and others were treated,
oh what a pleasant read it is
dozens of hours every day
and I'm not tired yet.
It's four books big
as much as I otherwise read
and it's still worth it.

Give me more audiobooks
More of doniger
Must consume everything
written by her,
The vedas and the vendantics,
the charavaks and the pashupats,
oh what a joy, what a wild ride
the gods that pretend to be humans
pretending to be gods,
and the psychology of the mortals
that surround us
Buddhism vs Jains vs Hindus through Indian history
and how the arrivals of muslims
and British
created a confusing yet productive
story.
It's all in their, an alternative
to the classical narrative,
end to end this is the first time
I'll have gone through.
Many more times in the future,
that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.