I've averaged 12 hours of audiobook listening between yesterday and today

Owwwh yeah! I'm rereading Hindus: An Alternative History, as an audiobook. This is the first time I'm doing a cover-to-cover read as every time I've been to intimidated to read through and flipped at random pages and picked what seemed interesting. And this time since it's not my eyes that have to work it's been different.

The book is massive: 36 hours of audio content. It's actually impressive how large it is. I started listening to audiobooks a few months ago because they seemed so short...the first I listened to was only six hours long, so I could have gone through six of those in that time. And I don't want to spend weeks and weeks putting it back on and catching up to where I was at earlier. So yesterday and today have been intense...and I'm at the 25th hour mark in the book, which means in the two days I must have averaged 12 hours of listened book time daily. In reality it's probably around 4-5 hours as I listened between 2.2x and 2.5x but still, that's quite impressive, no?

This is obviously not the end of it all. It'll remain my book of choice for referencing facts and events, I'll just have a much better sense of what lies where and refresh my memory. It's a continuous journey of reading and rediscovering the same book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.