Oh yeah blog posts numbers, they gonna go down now

The number of posts here are going to reach a more sustainable rate, four a day starting from...Today? Yesterday? Whenever it was that I started. So it won't be the 6-daily posts I've been doing that was insane. It was also insane because it let me create this cheat or hack where I was dumping the contents of one personal post into three or four or five posts and learned how to undermine the system of my own creation.

The implications are: more time-boxed writing, an hour or two every day, with the watch or timer in front of me so there's little time being wasted. More focus on quality material, actual fiction pieces or effort posts and fewer poems (the cheats) and lists and so forth. Or perhaps there will still be cheat pieces, but they'll be buttressed by effort pieces too. And finally that'll mean more work towards my website content, as I've used this blog as an excuse to shirk from my actual duties.

Speaking of shirking, duties and planning this crap, I have been thinking about something more recently. Which is: I have actually never planned my written works before, never created an outline, filled it and organized it. It's generally been 'oh this is intro, meat and conclusion, I'll figure things out as we go', and gone with that. The only piece of work that's seen consistent planning has been the journaling here: the journal posts with 'keywords' that originally served as reminders to me as to what happened on those days since I was writing them weeks and months after the day that passed. Or like really long documents that took so much time that planning was the only way to go.

The reason this has come up is that there are about 50 planned essay outlines in my 'stored' pieces right now. I have planned out what I want to write, including the word counts for the essays, but haven't actually written the meats and potatoes of the essays. Yes, it's taken me forever to plan out, but if I can somehow successfully execute proper writing, it'll be a coup of epic proportion. I'll finally have leaned to sketch an outline and follow it, like a big boy. That's a great achievement, for that can allow me to shape my other pieces here too. Maybe my fiction pieces can work like that: spend the first five minutes sketching outlines for the story or scene, and the other 25 minutes filling in the detail. That would be a brilliant skill to have, specially with one's goals of book writing as that's what the 'snowflake method' of writing a book is all about.

This and cooking all the vegetables in my fridge. Two things I'm currently doing that'll make me feel like an adult grown-up man. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.