The party was just as fantastic as I'd hoped

 Turns out I'm a social animal. Like, who knew?

Went to PS's house party last night, there were at least two dozen people there of whom I must have socialized with a dozen? They were all elite business school people who worked for consulting companies in Seattle, with a couple of Amazon and Microsoft people thrown in. But otherwise -- or in spite of it all --- they were actually quite pleasant. It would be a stretch to say I made friends, but if I met them once or twice again, I'll definitely have made acquaintances, that's for sure.

They appreciated my chhyang -- I took four of the new batch bottles, asked me about the fermentation processes, we shared our work and living histories, ate a bunch, joked around, I met somebody from CMS in Lucknow and we made fun of their principal who unfortunately passed away last month it turns out, and we played Codename. I was the codemaster in the end, won't say we won because of me, but I wasn't as pathetic as I'd feared. And oh I turned an easy win into a 50-50 game just to give the other team a chance.

And today I feel full of energy and drive? Does this mean I'm actually a social animal and need human contact every so often? Yiiiikes! What. A. Shocker!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.