The goshdarned bed has been assembled. I have thoughts.

Despite my fears, trepidation and insecurity, I was able to assemble both pieces of furniture without any support. The bed was actually really simple to assemble, simpler than I imagined.

The good thing is now that I've got a nice bed, it helps me separate between 'trash' and 'not trash', my living room looks so much cleaner, my bedroom looks nicer, the underside of the bed can be cleaned by my robot vacuum, and I'm not embarrassed to show people my bedroom because it doesn't look like a place of a loser single guy anymore.

But. There's downsides too.

It's quite big. My bedroom feels more congested, tinier, tighter than before. The mattresses don't cover all of the bed, so the wood and the slat can be seen. Oh and the slats, ack. The bed was clearly designed to be used with much thicker mattress, or a different technology of sleeping implements, because despite layering two of them in there, I can still feel the slats on my skin when I sit down. But not so much when I'm asleep, so maybe in some way it's a good thing? To encourage me to wake up earlier?

As long as this encourages me to get shit together with regards to my bedroom, this is a total and complete win, no doubt there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.