The qualities of God, and if they exist

This is fiction because the facts are all wrong.

In this land of multitudes,
The philosophers say, oh god has no qualities
he is everything and he is nothing
he is darkness and he is whole,
the largest elephant and the smallest mole,
but when I ask to those thinkers,
who come by our town, every so often,
sirs, how can it be, for somebody to be
two or more things, all at the same time,
they say, son, worry not, it's all an illusion...
for our God has no qualities, he is a niraguna.

And I go around thinking the same
and telling friends about our god,
how is is essential and formless, with no qualities
and then I meet the other school of thought
philosophers with just as much hair on their chin,
migrated over from their pates,
and I say, to impress them,
or sirs I am aware, don't you worry,
that our god, and all the gods are formless,
have no quality, and are nirguna.

They look around, at the skies,
a bit in hopelessness, and desolation,
oh kind sir, dweller of this large town,
you've got it all wrong,
for while the vague abstract form of god
might be formless,
the god that transcends that, appears to us,
the one we know and worship,
the one who cares for us,
is not nirguna at all, for nirguna is formless void,
that cares not for you, not for a thing in the universe,
nay sir, our god, as you and I know of him,
he -- or she as it may be -- is quite full of qualities
forms he has chosen, to show us he has taken
and therefore his nature is that of SaGuna,
That with qualities.

And with that my head spins, round and round,
My mind is unsound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.