The return of the chickpea salad

Yesterday for lunch we made my summery lunch that I had every day for lunch between October and December. The original inspiration was from thekitchn, but I uhh modified it to suit my needs to an extent that one could call it a reasonable adaptation, perhaps even a different recipe itself.

I've talked about it in the past: two types of canned beans one of which must be chickpeas, well washed, tomato, onion, garlic all well shopped, lots of lime juice, yogurt, cucumber, feta cheese, salt, olive oil, I put soy sauce but people are confused by it, green chilli peppers, small chunks of avocado. Chomp chomp chomp it down, if you want to adapt it to be more Nepali, put more timmur aka sichuan pepper, more green peppers. If you want something dry, put in bhujiya right before you're about to eat but don't call it a 'chat' because that's how you make enemies.

More things to consider: sun-dried tomatoes because why not, pomegranates because you can't go wrong with a fruit that costs five freaking bucks a piece and it's not even that large. Instead of the yogurt use greek yogurt or labneh that way it's less watery, maybe add salt right before you eat too so that the tomatoes and cucumbers lose less of their moisture. Black pepper wouldn't be too bad of an idea either but I don't want to give much respect to the mediocre spice that happened to get lucky. Raisins could be good as well. And roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash with basted olive oil rosemary oregano and other dried green spices. Go wild!

As long as you use vegetables that are in season, it's all a fair game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.