A letter etcetera to the folks at seven eleven

 I went on a limited walk this evening because I was busy fixing my phone and then did some projects, then the stove was full so I couldn't make dinner. Then I had to attend to a couple of calls so I had even less time to work on things.

On my way back I went to 7/11 to snack. And I had like almost four bucks worth of snacks. I don't feel very good about it, my body clearly does not like the food there, but I'll give an honest feedback once again.

The cheesy bread is not terrible. It could very well compete with whatever the fast-food chains offer, if they put just a little bit more effort into it. It's just that the crust lacks any flavor...if they could infuse the crust with some dried herbs, maybe garlic and onion powder, make it fragrant, and hand out packets of marinara when they give out the bread, to dip in, I'd give it from a five out of ten to a seven. It could compete with real fast food chains if the management put in more effort into it.

The pizza, which I've not had huge problems with in the past, was uhh, crusty and brown on top, probably from sitting below the heating lights for all day long. The sad part is that I actually enjoyed the texture and the flavor, the crust was cooked better than 7-11 usually does due to the heat used. I got a couple of packets of hot sauce and onions from the store, and when I opened them into the slice, actually it wasn't bad. It didn't taste entirely like a piece of cardboard, and if I closed my eyes and thought about it very very hard, one could see it as a semi-decent crappy pizza place of sorts. Again, I must have had a slice that was out in the lights for several hours.

I was however a little disappointed by the lack of regular sugar. Due to which my kombucha project has been delayed to tomorrow. Not a big complaint, just a point of contention.

I'm on team 7-11, they can do in America in the wealthier parts at least as they have done in Japan. They could have ramen and other ready-to-eat food items, and a cafeteria of sorts with electrical appliances to warm them up, and I'd rather just go there and make my own ramen with favourite spices than go to a crappy fastfood joint. Go team!

I dream of fancy seven elevens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.