New Places New People

Out of the fear of what might be happening here in the US after the election, in January, next year, in two years, in four years, and all the time from now on, I'm looking into relocating or at least considering my options. So I've applied to a couple of jobs in other countries in case they work out and I'm in need of a quick exit. Also looking at other places to work at inside the country because since I'm applying anyway why not. It doesn't matter I love my current workplace, and I'm unlikely to be considered a serious candidates in those jobs anyway. But it never hurts to try. Better than playing the lottery anyway.

I'm writing this to stuff my post count, I'm so desperate and sad at my upproductiveness but also a little concerned, which is related to this topic because it's the same concern that's making me consider options all over the world. Things are going to be fine, hopefully, like they always do, and in case they don't I'll have backup options at least.

Which reminds me, just like I did the days weeks and years following the 2016 elections, I need to completely disassociate myself from whatever the heck is happening out in the world, not care and just go about my life because me losing sleep and stressing about all of it excessively is helping nobody and only giving me scares and bad health things. Also making me unproductive writing wise. Gone are the chances of me finally freaking finally doing NaNoWriMo because you need a semblance of sanity and not much happening to accomplish that and at times like these, it's really really really hard. How do you even concentrate.

Besides, I still haven't finished my homework for the potential novels though with a few works I'm getting close. I'm getting close and it's exciting, a little turn on, because a crappy piece of shit novel that nobody reads but can be described as a 'novel' with some kind of coherent theme, encompassing certain events that somebody might care about, a cast of characters and at least some narrative would be an incredible achievement at this age for somebody like me. I could expand that later and edit it to be actually readable. The election has messed up all those plans though, maybe I should get a job in a safer, saner country just for the sake of my novels if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.