A short-lived experiment

Fiction.


6.57am
First five minutes outside, know it's not for me already. This is cold, I'm sleepy my feet look like chicken and people are making fun of me. Such fast runners, I can't compete with them, this is crazy pants. Not for me, this ends today.

7.04am
Ahhh the fresh air, the park is such a lovely place to be, people working out jogging, playing with their kids. I saw a yoga class happen right in front of me in the open and the people looked as if they had never been as much at peace. This is what life is about, birds singing, people feeling the nature, children jumping about. Ah those happy faces, what I wouldn't give to see them during the entire day.

7.17am
I saw the most amazing gaggle of birds right now, they were just waddling about, then flew away, and a bit later their friends landed right next to me. You never see nature these days in the cities, the air is too hot, people are just too goddamn busy. To appreciate naure and view it at this our of the day is to know yourself better. This was a good move, this is going to be a regular thing for the rest of my life.

7.23am
Such curiously decorated mailboxes and electrical control switches! There's art, and a sense of community in this neighborhood. Great messaging too, never realized my fellow dwellers in this area felt such strong emotions about these topics. I always thought they were uncaring, but it's clear I live in a liberal oasis, where each person is an active citizen caring for the other's wellbeing. My heart is filled with joy.

7.32am
Had never seen those nice houses before. Always figured we lived in a downtrodden working-class neighborhood, but these are some expensive houses and garden decorations. This is a wealthy neighborhood, I realize now. And people really care about what other people think. They've really gone all-in too, with those expensive sound system and moving animatronics and the treehouse to make the skeletons jump out of. I'm impressed, really.

7.40am
The garbage truck and school buses are two vehicles you never see any other time of the day. And for the better it seems, becaue they've blocked the traffic for the past fifteen minutes and the other drivers are enraged. I wouldn't want to have a bedroom next to the street here or those early-morning honks would drive me into insanity.

7.44am
More birds now, hordes and hordes of them, someone told me they're canada geese. They don't seem very friendly in retrospect. I tried patting on of them and it gave me a threatening look. And then I got dropped on by swarm of similar or different birds flying above me. It's not like people don't get shat on during the day, but it's only a few busy birdies that are flying about in normal hours. It's like literally every bird on the planet has taken to the skies, ready to shit on any human being. Not enjoying that part specially.

7.52am
The sun is out at an angle, yet it feels like a sauna already. There is no way that the sun this early in the day gets hotter than in the evening or the afternoon, but I'm sweating like a dog and it's quite unpleasant. I was told mornings were cool or a bit chilly, and not like a sauna. One point negative for the project.

8.01am
Just walked into dogshit, what fucking loser doesn't cleanup after their dog? I'm so done, this is over, this was an experiment and it is over. I'm never ever doing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.