On New York

 I've written tens of thousands of words on the city. This will be a placeholder to eventually consolidate them all and more. This is mostly new things I want to add after my recent trip.

Observations: I love new york because there's so many different kinds of people in the same place, and it's so hard to read everyone. To figure out what someone does what kind of person they are etcetera is an impossible task in new york. And everyone is hanging out with everyone.

It's always alive. Including at 8am on a saturday morning during the height of the pandemic. There's so much life, culture, humanity in the city.

It's loud, annoying and dear god I wouldn't want to live in the lower floors. If you can get a good apartment though, what a place. What. A. Place.

SST asked me if I wanted to move to the city. Maybe, I said, maybe.

If things were different, and if fate has it, it will happen one day. It won't be ideal, but ugh, I do want to be there, sometime. In Manhattan. Queens is not the same, not just the same.

More on Queens in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.