Calls on calls on calls, Eggplant cooking, Dashain at home, PK goes to town [Mon 26]

 I'm writing this the day after, and it's been a blur quite recently. What I do remember is I woke up to do some meditation, got distracted by new podcasts in my waiting list, and just listened to them.

Work was busy, all meetings till lunch, and connection stuff after lunch. Somehow I got a thousand words in, thank god, phew.

Talked to family for couple of hours in the morning, from Nepal and from VA. Got caught up about everything, felt good, seeing this was Dashain. Everyone is safe and doing well, not completely crap yet. Everything is fine.

Roommate PK went to his work work the physical office in the morning and came back in the evening. He brought his nice office chair back from work, we made fun of it but he says it's quite comfortable. He says the town looks dead, the lunch places etcetera, but he was surprised at how many people were out and about. Still, these are sad times according to him.

After work I had a LOT of posts to catch up on, so I figured I'd cook first, have a quick dinner, walk real fast, and take a nice sweet time writing. So I started cooking the famous eggplant stew with one eggplant, then thought of doing three, settled down at two. Dropped in way, wayy too much tomato paste and diced tomatoes etcetera. After it was finally done, I was so tired I didn't feel like eating it, so had it with roommates' pasta and parmesan powder. It was really really good. Eggplant goes surprisingly well with pasta and tomato, funny thing about the unlikely combo right.

By the time everything was cleaned up, it was two hours later, so down went my walking. No worries, at least I was going to do all the great writing!

I began to write the fable, following the template I'd just created. It took me some time but I got like a third of the way through, and NG called. We talked for like 40 minutes, funtimes. After it was done, went to writing again, and then PN called. Hadn't talked to them for weeks so that went on for like two hours. By now it was 11. Getting late, but still worth writing, so I worked hard at it. Didn't finish the fable.

PA was free, started talking to them. We kept talking until 4 in the morning. Which means I didn't get much or any sleep today, and I didn't get anything written yesterday. All the catchup posts remain, and so do the articles that were supposed to be written for yesterday but weren't. Which is why today, and right now is when I'm trying to write a lot. Will write a 'waste' post after this, then I'll have 8 to catch up. If I can do six, I'll be in a good place. Fingers crossed. The easy ones will have been done, but ehh I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.