A long day at work

Fic.

8.03
Day started three minutes ago. My therapist has told me to maintain a journal so I can remember every day. It helps with appreciation of your job or some other bullshit. I ain't buying that. He gave me a homework, so I'm going to do it. This is not enjoyable. I don't have my heart in it.]

8.38
It's been a slow day today, why aren't customers coming in. Been old people mostly. Guess they get up earlier than everybody and come in so they can avoid the evening rush. I ain't complaining, just want my stupid shift to be over, get a nice bottle of wine, and sleep on my couch as I watch the tv. That is relaxation for me. You reading this Dr. Singh?

9.01
What a rude person that guy was. In course of your work day you have to deal with all sorts of people. Some you want to smash their teeth in and send them to the hospital. That guy...I cannot even think straight, I was very mad I'm telling you. I just pursed my lip forced a smile and let it go. This can't be good for my BP.

9.15
I'm bored. THat's the thing with manning the registers versus shelving. Some days are so fast you don't get time to eat or breathe properly and sometimes its so slow you could doze off right on the counter. But that's how you get fired. I ain't doing that.

9.22
Maybe I should get walmart to pay for my higher education. They offer that benefit. Why not, it's free money, even if it don't take me anywhere.

9.38
The young folks in staff are having fun flirtin' right by my side. Ah to be young again. You talk a lil differently to one of the dudes and they call you a horny and desperate middle aged woman. Girl can't flirt or have fun, it's not about horniness at all. But people don't understand that, everybody is on the edge all the time. How will they survive the real world.

9.41
Just used the rest room and back. What a great privilege, it feels like I committed a bank heist. I should look for jobs elsewhere. This can't be my entire career.

10.57
Like I said earlier, people don't come for hours, and then a large horde of totally unrelated folks show up. Didn't get a moment to write a sentence in the last hour. The baggers were doing great, even the older folks have learned some nifty tricks to speed things up.

11.22
It's going to be lunch time so soon. My legs are hurtin' bad and my tummy's growling like a fox on a run.

12.07
Never have I enjoyed pizza and ham and cheese sandwich more. I'm cutting on sugar and calories, so the freshly juice was pretty alright too. Didn't really give me the same satisfaction, had to drink like four glasses of water after. That's going to create problems when I need ot use the loo later. Whatever. So worth it.

2.01
I've used the restroom thrice already, thank god for the senior baggers eager to learn and help me out when I'm in tricky spots.

3.34
And just like that I'm free and bored again. Just thirty more minutes and I'm ready to rush out of those doors and get naked and fall down on my couch. Don't care what the pervs outside my windows see, I just want to be out of these tight slacks it feels like by body's being joked.

3.59
Because I'm not gonna be wasting my free time writing this, buh-bye me. Great time maintaining this, maybe I should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.