Dashain party, Aldi trip, insane sugar consuption [Sat 24]

 It was a Saturday, as usual I went to bed late on Friday and got up like four times to use the restroom because I really screwed up the plan to have my sleep cycle organized. So I really got out out of the bed at 11.30, maybe even twelve. Talked to a bunch of people on the phone, watched many youtube videos. Now that my new phone is becoming my regular phone, I've blocked pretty much all the timewasting websites, so that's something I've done better now.

Had lunch at 1.15: scrambled eggs, salsa, goat cheese and crackers. Yum. Watched tv for a while. Showered, headed out on a walk. I wanted to go to haymarket, thought against it because didn't really feel like taking on a new project.

Walked to Aldi, got me some nuts, tomato pastes and two large eggplants. I need to make a new round of the eggplant stew. Planned on making for the gathering, but roommate PK already made three different items, in addition to an amazing rice and desserts, so thought against that.

Came home, helped clean up a bit. Hung out with a bunch of different people. I was there, so were NB and RG, and IP too. NR, who I've written about quite a bit was there too, her first hangout in eight months, the last time she hung out with a large group of people was when we went to her house before the lockdowns started the first time around. The beforetimes.

 I, who is usually quite funny, was in extraordinary form, so so hilarious. Talked a bunch with NR, we'd not talked much before and I feel like I know her much better now. She was screwed over by a couple of folks that should have had a legal obligation to help her out, and she's working to get that fixed. Still, respect, mad mad respect for her for everything.

We talked about politics mostly, which was depressing and annoying because I started the conversations unknowingly, distracted. Took a bit of the gigglies. I've started having really bad side-effects of the gigglies, need to seriously take it down or just stop consuming those. Once my meditation and mindfulness exercises get better, it should get better to do that. I use it to destress and be calm.

Both the goat meat items that PK made were amazing, so was the roasted cauliflower and salt. The rice was well-seasoned, and done perfectly, with bay leaves and other spices put in while steaming.

The desserts were lalmohan and a pie. I ate like 6 pieces of lalmohan because I had the gigglies and a good amount of pie. Felt so bad, hadn't eaten that much in a long long while. People left at 1, half past one, I went to bed and slept at perhaps two, unaware of the extraordinary bodily reaction I was to experience the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.