Busy workday, trip to NYC, a whole lotta fries, partying pretty late, disappointment [Fri 9]

 Got up at some time, the day was so very very busy. Had an early breakfast and then at work got distracted by a series of fires. Got them almost fixed, and shit still broke.

Before I broke, my phone broke again. Fortunately I had the extra board that I should have returned, and fixed my phone in ten minutes. The phone is not glued anymore because it appears that the glue was the thing that was tearing apart the wired connections.

Spent a couple of hours like getting clothes and supplies ready for the trip to NYC. The bag was way too packed, whatever. Left work at 3.15, took the bus to Sullivan, Orange line to Chinatown, and walked to the bus stop. Didn't wait for much in the lines, actually got some work done at the stop and in the bus.

They have only 50% occupancy for the buses thank god. Felt pretty comfortable with that.

Since I didn't eat a lot, I was tired, so I was able to fall asleep pretty quick. Slept for like 2.5 hours. Chilled for a lot more. Listened to podcasts the whole time. Phone was misbehaving it sucked.

Got to NYC at 10, walked towards where the gang was. Saw a five guys on the way, mistakenly ordered a large fries. They added a whole lotta more fries, it was two pounds of fries at least. On the way saw the 99-cent pizza, ordered a bunch of those. Ate pizza and fries at Herald square. The experience was fun, fries great, the pizza was one of the crappiest pizzas I've ever had. I need to write about that. When the NY slice isn't NY slice anymore. Sigh. Such disappointment.

Went to the outdoors seating the folks were at. YKD, N, PT, and SHK were there, the usual gang. We spent like two hours at the restaurant talking chilling shooting the shit and catching up with each other. Walked to our airbnb which was actually just a hostel room with two beds, one of which was bunk. YKD and I took the gigglies.

SHK abandoned us at this point. No surprises there.

Folks got high and drunk, ate all the fries even though they made fun of me. I talked for at least half an hour on the topic of fried potatoes. YKD wasn't feeling pretty well, she crashed at one of the beds. The rest of the gang, the three boys we talked for an hour or two and went to bed. PT and I shared a lower bunk. Many a joke was made about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.