Family convo, savory oats, song listening, walk to Boston, haymarket shopping, disappointing BK's, Boston common chill, trip back, early night in [Sat 3]

 Got up at 8, abouts, spent the following several hours in bed talking to friends and family and following the news. Everyone's lying about everything happening with regards to the important news of the day, it's wild we don't know what can happen and will happen.

Finally got out of the bed around noon, had breakfast of oats, salt, soy sauce, kimchi and butter. Savory oats after a long time, felt good. Realized that without kimchi they're really not that great, which means kimchi has become such a fundamental part of my diet. Good for me.

Listened to a tonne of songs, mostly hindi, did a lot of writing. Took a nice long shower. Headed out to Haymarket for my weekly late-saturday shopping.

Walked all the way to haymarket, it took me an hour-and-half. Took the bus shuttle from Lechmere to North Station though that didn't save me a whole lot of time considering the wait for the bus was considerable and I got lost on the way to haymarket. This was about when my phone died, so it was a bummer couldn't take too many pics of the city.

Took a few rounds in the haymarket. Perhaps I was too late there or maybe it's the season, or most likely the economics of the market are changing. Earlier, and by that I mean a few months or years ago it was the case that the shopkeepers had to throw away their unsold wares so things were significantly cheaper by the end of the day. Now it seems they're pretty eager to packup even those veggies and fruits that are unsold which means they must get pretty good prices elsewhere. Speaking of prices, the general pricing there has gone up though the quality has not. And for certain items like bananas and other things, it's actually a bit expensive than even the most expensive grocery store. Because of stupid annoying rich and a little bit white people I'm afraid a lot of people have started seeing it a a farmer's store and the sellers are pretending it's one by buying fresh veggies from major retailers instead of crappy ones that are about to be thrown. Good for everyone I guess, except for folks like me who like a good deal and a bargain. Hopefully it's just the season.

There was nothing I wanted, after spending 30 minutes walking and looking. Decided I absolutely had to buy something after hanging out for so long, and the trip, so bought a few plums. Got 18 pieces of plums for 2 dollars. It's cheap I know, but they were really ready to go bad, wouldn't have eaten them anyway. Turning them into plum wine the next day aka when I'm writing this.

Walked to Boston Common next, o many people ambling about some even without mask! Went to BK's right by the common and ordered 3 non-meat appetizers and ate at the park. Yuck. Wrote about it yesterday but was thoroughly disappointed, I don't think I'll be going to the place again in the foreseeable future. For three more bucks I'd get a legitimate meal from a decent chinese place.

It got uncomfortably cold as I chilled in the common. I was in shorts but couldn't walk all the way back. So took the red line to davis. So tired fell asleep on the train, glad didn't miss my stop. Got off at davis, bus 96 to powderhouse, walked back. Back in our house, spent maybe an hour with ND, watching Schitt's Creek. Came into my room hoping to get some writing done, was so tired fell asleep before 9. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.