Friday lameness, as usual, strange sleep cycle [Fri 13]

 It's 3.02 AM of the Saturday morning. Writing now because..reasons, will explain later.

Got up at 7.20 in the morning, meditated for 20 minutes, cleaned the room, now my room needs brooming and mopping and it's really shiny. Wrote a morning post because that's the kinda' bossman I am these days writing both morning and evening. Thanks to the habit, now I'm only 4 posts behind my regular schedule, which means if I do six posts for two days or five posts for four days I'm all caught up. Obviously likely won't happen but I don't know the meditation thing is really making me feel better guys.

It was hackathon at work, lots of stress and anxiety, did a bunch of work, didn't write a great deal don't want to talk about it. Ate so much chocolate and cookies later in the evening I'm quite ashamed.

For lunch I had the leftover rice from two days ago, with my 'egg curry', had two pieces of boiled eggs because all the stress was making me real hungry.

ND was over, and she wasn't feeling great as well, gave her the dark chocolate because I ran out of the good stuff and the general tips to what I do when I've got something close to the gloomies.

Speaking of the gloomies, the weather was so very gloomy and it rained all day long. Bit of a bummer thank god I was busy all day long.

After work thought about writing on my work journal, thought better of it. BB's friend was over, talked to him, hung out with them for a bit. Around 6.15 headed out for a walk with my fake non-working waterblocking jacket. Walked to the boy market in Somerville at a new popup restaurant called Koshari mama, ordered a large size of their koshari when I meant to order a small one. It was alright, a little disappointing to be honest maybe I didn't eat it the right way but someone has to convince me the next time I try it.

Went to market basket, got an apple, a kiwi, a bag of plantain chips and a pepperidge farms cookie. Two for myself and the rest for the boys, because it's a Friday and who doesn't appreciate a good gift of dark chocolate cookies!?

Talked to the folks after getting back, watched a tonne of youtube videos fell asleep. Got up, became anxious about the hackahton project, forced myself to go asleep. Over and over again.

Finally what made me quite disgusted and forced me to get up use the restroom and actually get shit done was a dream about American politics. Apparently I was in one or both of the US houses and in a debate with senators and they were being so openly aggressively racist against black people, implying it's not a big deal because African countries fight with each other all the time etcetera my dream head started spinning metaphorically and then my non-dream self got annoyed. Maybe the dreams are trying to tell me something I've realized lately. Perhaps this country is not for me. I need a good harbor to park against, not sure where it's gonna be but it's looking like where I am at is not a safe port. Or so say my dreams anyway.

Brushed, did pushups because of course, read Campbell's book on the hero with a thousand faces, two pages of it, and started writing. I've been writing for a little more than an hour now, it's 3.22 now, my coworker who saved my literal ass is not online so I should get some sleep and be back later in the morning. Thinking of sending him a gift basket. The greatest person I've hung out with, the potential love of my life who I've lost contact with, wish I got advice from them on what to send him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.