Love witch, leftover meals, TJ's trip, soup and brownies [Fri 27]

 Got up late, as usual because that's how things are in the weekends, they spoil me for the days I'm back working really.

Did an hour of meditation with JD, she did hers I did mine.

Since it was gloomy and rainy we didn't want to go anywhere or do anything, I was tired from the day before and the rainwalk so I watched the movie Love Witch. It's actually surprisingly nice, I enjoyed it. JD was a little grossed out and disturbed by it, I thought it was so campy and ridiculous I loved it.

We had leftovers for lunch nothing remarkable really.

Went out on a walk, also to do groceries at Trader Joes. Got bread, supplies for butternut squash soup, eggs, avocado, potato etcetera, the regular.

For dinner we made butternut squash soup with apple and pulverized bay leaves [unknowingly]. It wasn't bad really, after we added enough salt and sour, the apple contributed positively, we also finished the leftover mushroom and potatoes. It was good, worth making again.

We also baked the Ghiraldelli's Brownies, I put in an entire Orange worth of zest and a lot of pre-grated garlic. The orange's sourness came through quite well, the ginger disappeared. The only problem was the sourness also brought out the sweet rather prominently so it got overwhemingly sweet. We should have added a bit of salt to balance things out, forgot during baking, didn't after because they didn't have sea salt. JD said she didn't like it but she ate a lot lot of it.

We didn't watch any movies because we couldn't agree on anything so it was mostly trailers and random one-offs.

Went to sleep quite late because I tried writing, couldn't, kept distracting myself, chatting people up etcetera. It just wasn't working out. So very lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.