What really happened on jestha 19, part VII

This is turning into an anthology more than I thought. The idea is to come up with 20-30 most ridiculous ideas and write mock research essays. They need to be more fleshed out than what I did for the last one, but that's going to come as things evolve. I'm just having fun here, nothing to see.

Tell me how you found out about the investigations committee and how you made it through the steps.

Our madam said this was happening, the government is sending representatives to the citizens of this country, in every district and village to find out the truth of what happened on that very important day in the history of our country Nepal, which has forever changed our destiny. She said since I was somebody who could speak, and had presented some thoughts on this matter, and also had the capacity to think about issues, I should reach out to the representatives and give them my view point. It is also important to me that there be a good representation of stories and theories about what happened in the royal palace in that unfortunate day, and if there are only certain kinds of people with certain theories it may not fully reflect the reality because those people cannot see somebody else's point of view of the world. As a woman I have a unique perspective on this matter, much different than how the men coming to this committee approach this issue, and by contributing I'll be helping everybody have a multidimensional analysis of the events that must have transpired.

How old are you now?

I am about to be twenty-five years old, I'm in my bachelor's degree third year, one of the first women from my village to be completing my bachelor's degree. It is a matter of great pride and honor for the people I am representing to have somebody to express their perspective on an issue of such great national importance.

How old were you when the Jestha 19 incident happened?

I was a few years old, I don't remember it clearly since we were in the village and news didn't travel as quick then. We heard it in the radio but everything went silent, they said the king and queen had died but there was no widespread knowledge about who or what had happened. There was so much confusion, that is one thing I can clearly remember out of everything.

Where did you find the ideas you're about to present? What do you think makes you helpful in the investigations when you were barely able to comprehend at the time the events took place?

While it is certainly true that I was far too young to understand what was happening, it does not deter me from helping the committee in any way. After all, all these years the investigations have been run by people who were very much alive and present then, to no great avail. Moreover, the original investigation was run by people who were not just close to the palace but some even lived there and witnessed the event first hand. It is my belief that in this particular case, due to the sensitive nature of the situation, being close to the crime was a hindrance rather than an asset, Since I'm so detached from the events temporally and physically it gives me an opportunity to analyze the event from a psychological point of view, like a detective using various pieces to solve a piece of puzzle. 

I found about the theory that I'm about to present just in the village, with people talking everywhere but I didn't give it much thought during those days. Slowly over the course of years I grew more curious and decided to explore the possibilities by myself like a detective, connecting various pieces. I consulted the internet and various books on forensics and similar events that occurred in the past, and use that to come to the conclusions I did. People tell me that my theory seems to be the most correct if they think about it, because I have thought about it like a detective in foreign countries would do. There is no emotion involved for me, since I wasn't related to anyone and didn't have to fear the consequences of thinking or presenting my theories to anybody.

Okay good, and is your degree in anyway related to the matter at hand? Under what contexts did you teacher present the current work to you in school?

If one had to be very truthful sir, my degree is not very much related to this matter since I'm studying in chemistry. However, in foreign countries chemical analysis and labwork are used to do an analysis of the crime scene and identify the culprits. I do believe that running similar identification of evidence obtained there, using an impartial third party would be a scientific approach that would get much closer to the reality. Additionally, the use of modern up-to-date techniques will encourage other parties, governmental and non-governmental to do the same, thereby elevating the minimum technical standards used in such cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.