Jeez this end of the month rush has to end now

Every month, towards the end I'm in a massive rush to get all my posts in order. I'm in deficit against my average monthly goal by 22 posts, which means I'll have to write many many many posts today, and a large number tomorrow and backdate them for this month, so it doesn't look like I'm fudging numbers though in reality I am.

I'm not a multibillion massively overvalued car company with a egomaniac CEO who's going to sink the ship and gonna go to jail, but not before completely destroying life savings of hundreds of thousands of overconfident tech nerds among others. I can't do the end-of-quarter rushes like them. Like any other car company, stable experienced and actually knowledgeable in what they do, I have to distribute my posts out evenly so I don't find myself in a similar position again.

The first strategy is to go to bed on the fucking time I plan to go, which will mean I can get up early and do my morning posts. That also means moving up my sleeping time earlier than is reasonable. I've been targeting 10.30 and making it by 12 generally, but every morning at 4.45 on the dot I need to use the loo, on cold mornings it's difficult because I can't make myself get out of the comfy warm blanket which means I'm up for good. That leads me to not getting enough sleep throughout the day, napping in the evening, and leading to the vicious cycle of fucked sleeping and waking pattern. I need to break the pattern.

The second is to really get done with everything by 8 in the evening, give me an hour to write and read, do other pre-sleep chores, so I'm covered in blanket at 9pm sharp. That way, even if I am forced to wake before 5 in the morning, I've already had enough sleep.

Finally, I need to resist evenings naps no matter what. It's hard, the weather's gloomy, I'm cold tired and sleepy and I convince myself it'll be a powernap and my sleep cycle won't get screwy after but who am I kidding, that never works out. I need to get things in order, goddamit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.