What now, more rants about the uncertainty ahead

I'm ageing and I'm ageing quick like everybody right now because the world is so fucked up and we're all ready to call it a day due to the stress. Plans will have to be made, and it's unclear where life is headed.

New Zealand plan is temporarily shelved, for the time being. I could be there for the November session if I really wanted to, but it's unclear that's the direction life will take. To begin with I know nobody there, friends or family, and as my mom reminded me the other day I have shown a strong preference to be near friends particularly so it would get quite lonely there. Second I hear some rules around staying after graduation have changed although it's unclear at this point how much of that is applicable to me. And thirdly, I don't know anything about settling there, or the economy here. What if I abandon what I have here and leave, and they make me reset everything after two years also? I'll have nowhere to go, a lost horse I'll have become. It's still an option, though not one I'm actively working on.

The major question at this point is what happens next year, what I'm doing in April until September. Because we're abandoning our current apartment for sure. It's either move into a new apartment, for which I'll need to find a new place, a new roommate and a new rooming situation temporarily, and how long is that going to last. Or i could buy a place in Boston or nearby. If I buy an apartment that won't be aligned with my hobbies and interests and it'll suck. If I go far out that'll be faraway from friends and nobody has a car here so I'll be disconnected from everything and everybody living by myself alone in a foreign land.

The other option is to move to Virginia and get a job there, or work my current job remotely from there. That would be the ideal situation, I'm completely surrendered to the idea of buying a house there and doing my current job, except my job's not going to let me do that likely, and if they make that optional [in personal optional I mean], do I really want to abandon the physical comfort of free friends and imprison myself within the four walls of my new place, unable to see and interact with people I work with? I could find a new job there obviously, but ain't nobody gonna be hiring at times like these.

The visa situation is still up in the air, I need to have my gc situation fixed and the laws are uncertain who knows if they'll even sponsor me or if the sponsorship will come back. How long will it take, am I confident enough in getting it that I should buy a house?
Add to all of this the fact that I'm single and as much as I may hate it this freakin' economy is not designed in favor of single people buying their places of abode, it's excessively expensive, I'll be barely able to afford it, and if something goes south I'll be truly fked. What happens when and if I do find a partner, or something to that effect. How much would I even be willing to compromise, because my mobility and flexibility goes down severely if I buy a house of my own. Specially in the mountains with a lot of land, which is my goal. How will I manage it all by myself. The complexities add up.

If I want to buy a house to move into by September I'll need to start looking by march or april. If I'm moving somewhere else, I'll still need to do that. So one way or the other April is kind of the deadline on figuring out where my life should be for the next few years. And I have absolutely no clue, the world is stuck, confused, totally effed up. It sucks, sucks sucks that we can't even begin imagining planning for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.