Wax melts winning the day for me!

I've written on scented candles before.

Got some wax melts from Wegmans the other day, have been melting those for couple of hours every day for the past week. I got this awesome gift from PU when I was home three years ago, it's a tea-candle-based melter with Swayambhu's eyes and nose letting the light through, one of the best gifts I've received. Use it on regular basis.

The melt I've been lighting is called 'stressless', it's sweet with a hint of 'blueish' denim smell, without the nauseatingly sweet aroma fruitier flavors. It helps me sleep better, think better, work better.

Dropped one bar of the melt, they say if you light it nonstop it can last four days. Been putting it on 3 hours, which could take it to 32 days that sounds a bit too ridiculous. I let it burn as long as the tea candle burns out. It's been great. Helps warm up the room too.

The great thing about wax melts I've already talked in the linked post above, cheaper and longer-lasting. Something that I forgot to mention is that with candles it's hell to light 'em up towards the end of their lives, the lighter won't go that deep or the flame won't have enough air to glow bright etcetera, so the last few inches are just wasted away. Not so with the melts, every molecule of scent in that melt can me used up, if you are so aligned.

It's probably a coincidence, but the candle goes really well with the 'meditating' vibe, no off scents to distract and it's not overpowering to make you think about it. And with the stress of the hackathon, which couldn't have been avoided no matter what since the work is overwhelming, it's been so very helpful.

Wax melts all the way, not because your room is smelly and you need to get rid of the smells but because you deserve a comfortable stay in your own abode!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.