So I got a new laptop, for so cheap you'll shit your pants

This ain't a long post, this is a brag post. It's an update post, a reminder post for the future me. This is a milestone post, because I don't buy laptops too much...well I bought like 4 in the last 10 years for myself, out of which I have three with me, one of which is crap I need to trash it. It's a big occasion.

This is about the new chromebook I bought earlier today. I was trawling the cheap internets for a cheap deal and a fully-functioning chromebook with 4gb of ram and 32 gigs of memory seemed like a perfect blogging machine for me. I'll put some linux into it, get me the firefox, and get bloggin' like a villain'. It's just for blogging. And it was so cheap. I'm not going to store personal data in there, not gonna worry about breaking it or losing it. And could do a little bit of programming if I really really wanted to do, but yuck I should know better hah.

So the batter life is like 8 hours they claim, it's got a touchscreen, and I paid a hundred plus thirtyfive buckos for it. It's the dream of the hundred dollar laptop which N and I talked about in our high school eleven years ago come true. If things work out, every child could have it in their hands and not break it etcetera. Yadda yadda yadda. Not falling for the Medialab lies again though thank you medialab for sparking the 'tiny laptop category' revolution which has helped miniaturized hardware and made it accessible for us all. Thank you v v v much.

That's all there is to say. Cheap laptop, need to set it up, not going to spend my precious sleeping time, good things will happen, things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.