It's hard to keep doing this as I feel asleep between my sentences and paragraphs

The last one hour has been challenging for me. Not in the way that I've struggled here in the past, it's not about the mood or ambition or outlook on life or even about not being able to sleep properly nuh no it's not about those things. They're all under control. What I've been struggling for over one hour is staying awake. I write a sentence or two and my brain shuts down, tells me it cant keep the eyes upon, the hands go week the fingers are still typing even though my brain is dreaming and the hands make one last-ditch effort to maintain sanity by writing the last few words of wherever they think the sentences were going to go. The eyes have some basic control, not too great but enough to see that something is being written and actually decide to go with the other source. Because why not. Then my head starts lulling which brings me out of the sleep because my body feels like it's falling down. I check the last several lines I have typed and they don't make sense, mostly. For those that do happen to make sense, somehow, insanity what insanity, I make minor corrections and adjustments and move on. The long form is incoherent but if you pay attention to only the two or three sentences around it does make a bizzare sort of sense.

That's why the last two posts have been confusing and generally contradictory with themselves, difficult to understand. I've been writing them too tired as sleepy beyond consciousness. MY brain is telling me to just stop, and take a nice nap, maybe even sleep and get caught up with all of this in the morning tomorrow because nothing has been lost, but my self refuses. It's a habit I've built, a promise I've made to myself, to write a ridiculously large number of posts every evening until I'm caught up with the numbers that I've projected and I cannot back out on them.

I'm also waiting for the bathroom to clear up so I can brush and cleanup and get ready for bed. The guys played videogames until too late this evening so it's still busy, people who would be long gone ready to sleep are only now brushing their teeth. Which means it's not over for me yet, even if I called it a night, that would be a false declaration of nightly activities, would have to come back and finish the chores anyway. If I'm going to be awake, might write as well and do what I promised to my inner self and you guys too in a sense. The quality is low, goddamn pathetic it is I know I'm under no illusions. But what can a man do when the promises have been made and the ideas for the weekly column in a newspaper don't come easily because the brain is exhausted. Two more posts, two more posts I remind myself as I force my fingers to write, my brain to do some mild editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.