This is just a rambling

 Sometimes the flowers just arrange themselves Jim, Robert California says to the top Dunder-Mifflin salesman in Season 8. I wish they did, ye gods have them arrange themselves.

Still haven't been able to figure out the evening meditations, and writing has been disordered all of this month. Everything's in a rush, even when I get up at 7.30 now. One positive update has been I've been able to keep up with at least one post in the morning. Another one will come I can feel it if only I can pull the getting up time to 7. I get lazy and bored in the evenings, go on youtube and the gross green site reddit when I shouldn't.

Speaking of meditation, the evening ones will be more interesting, there's a 30-part series on  creativity, and how to channel your focus into writing... thinking that'll be easier pill to swallow, the trojan horse that'll get me to do evening meditations now on.

The meditation app tells me to be meditative throughout the day, be aware of what I'm doing outside of the core meditation practice. Unfortunately for it, there's only 1 session left for the course. Being completely focused in the thing you're working on, and ignoring everything else seems like such an easy suggestion, 'just do that one thing', but distractions are easy. I wonder how I was a good student when I was younger, and made it so far in life.

Temperatures are dipping below zero every day, soon the highs will be lower than freezing. This is the true test of my walks. If I can keep going, it's gonna be quite something. While we're at it, the walks have increased in length but decreased in intensity...They go over two hours easily, three hours not infrequently. And yet I walk at a leisurely pace, with no hurry or interest in burning calories or breathing heavily. It's unclear at this point why I'm walking. It's for mental health it seems like, rather than emotional. Which is fine really, but if the walking is not getting me the aerobic exercise I need, 30 minutes daily for five days a week, I'll need to begin doing serious cardio.

Roommate BB got wax melts from Amazon, 5 bucks for a packet of 10 bars. I bought 1 bar with 6 pieces for 4 bucks at wegmans. Something is off, either the wegmans one is overpriced or the Amazon's is seriously bad. In all honesty it's mostly paraffin wax and essential oils, so the cheap prices are explainable, but...why's wegmans... There must be something more surely, nobody's paying for brand-name wax melts if they're just as good as the cheap chinese ones?

I've not cooked well lately, the laziness cold combined with the large volume of food I tend to cook that lasts me for days and weeks until it grosses me out has put a bit of a kibbosh there. As I start to get back to my projects, cooking will be back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.