Winter has arrived, gifts from work, roommate makes good egg curry, I can't stay awake [Tue 17]

 It's 10.05 and I'm so ready to fall asleep real good. I dozed off and fell asleep while writing the post before last anyway which is why it's mostly nonsense. Haven't pushed up or read this evening, those are what remain to be done before I go to sleep. 10.30 target time is working well. Fixed sleeping pattern is my next goal.

Came back from my walk at 7.30, had the egg curry and rice leftovers that roommate PK made. So damn good, they put in yogurt and blended it. Did the dishes after. Bought a bag of frozen fries and a 'zero calories' drink at Aldi. They didn't have the 85% dark chocolate. Wanted to buy other snacks but remembered the half loaf of bread I need to finish, good memories.

Left for the walk at 5.30, fully decked in a heavy jacket, thick dorky winter cap and earbuds. Listened to 2 old episodes of HDTGM. Went to Assembly, across the bridge, Aldi for fifteen minutes and walk home. On the way some strange creep said something and kept staring at me, I just walked faster. Creepy creeps are the worst. It was really really cold, the wind was brutal, the jacket was going to be an overkill I figured but it was not. Thank gods. Winter has arrived.

Wrote a bunch after work, got my package from UNIQLO, containing my new masks and new undies. Took a nice hot shower and put on the fancy undies. BB told me the other package was for me too, it was the Hackathon folks who had sent me a really cute packpck, an amazing coffee mug with cover, and a nice hoodie. So soft. The backpack is good too, I took it out for the walk. One of the better gifts from work.

Work was more productive than usual, good meetings, getting things done. One bummer was that I missed out my EAP call at midday, the second time it's happened which means I'll have spent a lot of money covering up for those missed calls. My problem is I forget to put those meetings in the calendar, then go on with my day thinking I have it, even waiting eagerly for it, and remember hours after it's passed that I missed it. Saw the email in the evening because don't check personal email during work.

Had oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter and nuts for brunch. I like it real soft, it fills me up, and the flavor is nothing to complain about. I'd pay for that at a breakfast place a few good bucks, so it's not just sustenance, I'm living the life with these.

Started work at 8.45, wrote in my work journal before 9, for the first time in many days. Day was pretty good all day around. Good short convos with new friend SK.

Woke up at 7, forced myself to sleep, couldn't. Finally up at 7.25, morning chores including meditation, etcetera. Pushup a little later in the morning. Wrote a post here, good that my shit is getting together.

Wasted way way too much time on uninteresting reddits, it's blocked on my phone but I'm getting too antsy. Need to figure the cause and root it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.