Forager cashew milk yogurt, a review

Listen, I'm no particular fan of dairy milk. There's the lactose intolerance and the fact that there's nothing exciting or great about the thing unless you are really into worshiping the source.

I bring this  up because these non-dairy 'yoghurt' are nonsense, they have as much to do with 'yogurt' as bathwater has to do with human milk. Yet here we are, with these alternative 'milk' yogurts.

It was a great achievement that I'd kept away from these all these years, despite consuming yogurt regularly, as well as alternative dairy products. Yesterday I let my guards down and decided to go for one of them quirky items. A small bowl-thing of forager cashew milk yogurt was 1.69, the flavor was vanilla I think. I couldn't find any plain ones. What's the 'plain' flavor for cashew milk yogurt anyway.

First complaint: it was flowy and not the yogurt texture. Second: it didn't taste anything like yogurt. Third, it didn't taste anything like cashew. Fourth: there wasn't real 'vanilla' flavor either, just a vaguely chemical-tasting artificially sweetened flowy substance, that I didn't know much about except the fact that it most certainly did not contain cow milk or any of its derivatives.

The texture was meh, the flavor was rather disappointing, there's no 'thickness' of oatly oatmilk, no joy in consuming it. The only reason one would be fooled into thinking the goop was 'yogurt' is if somebody explicitly told them, in bold font on the packaging.

I'm very much a supporter of alternatives to animal products. This one was a massive disappointment. Wish these things were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.