The Flood

Recall that tale Of the man of religion Who asks for Gods' help In a hapless occasion Surrounded by flooding water And left for dead He asks for assistance, From the entities overhead.


And Lo!
Men in rafts, come floating by
Come with us brother, they say,
You will not die!
The great man, he pauses
And ponders on his destiny
No thank you brothers, he says,
My lord will save me!
And soon, a chopper comes, flying high
It lowers a rope ladder, with a harness tie
Come with us brother, booms the pilot
Over the din
The holy man pauses, and lets know
He's not very keen.
No thank you brothers, he says,
My lord will will save me.

And soon
The waters arise
And the man is no more.

He pleads at yama's palace some time later,
Why did you, my lord, he asks his maker
Not heed to all of my living prayer
My faith in you has now been laid bare.

Oh my son, comes the booming voice
Who do you think sent the boat
And the chopper
To save your earthly coat?

***

Listen, you.
I am here!
Let's float along,
Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.