Apartment cleanup, garbage clean, pie making and apple crumble baking, hau hau trip, dinner with friends, intense conversations, good food, long dinner, successful hosting! [Thu 23]

In the morning and early afternoon, cleaned up the rest of the house, threw out the trash, made living room presentable and propped up the nicer side of my plants and generally wiped all the dusty surface of the house so that the guests who'd be coming in a few hours would find the place a suitable abode for a mature responsible adult man.

Pressure cooked potatoes and peeled them and got around to doing a bunch of other things, every thing besides writing because didn't get around to doing it. Then went to Hau Hau market, talking to my sister on the phone and then TD, and bought rice lime, and apples. Somehow I paid only like eleven bucks which means I didn't buy a lot but I spent a long time there so that was weird.

After walk back I got a bit ambitious and looked up apple crumble recipe and decided to make apple crumble too. That took forever, then the samosa baking took forever and the irony in hindsight is it didn't even cook properly.

Right on the dot around 6.30 the folks showed up, just as I was throwing trash and recycling out, and I welcomed them to my apartment adorned with like six alight scented candles and with low light. They loved the plants and the candles and the rest of the vibes, and they brought lots of food too. I started them with chhyang and moved with the rest.

Spent 4/5 hours in my place and called it a nice, and I think it was a massive success, the dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.