I organized a thanksgiving dinner, and it went shockingly smoothly, the cleanup too!

I write this the day after Black Friday. Would have gotten around to writing it the day before, but I uhh got sick, likely because of my own...issues, more on that later in a separate post.

This Thanksgiving I organized a small dinner at my place, and it went as well as it could have! Invited SA and N, and their friend from grad school, and did a small potluck. I made a samosa pie and apple crumble, the samosa pie was new because first time I was making a samosa mix and first time I was doing a pie, and the apple crumble was super easy and super good. It's possible I may have undercooked some of the potatoes in the pie that got me bloated the next day, but that's...a topic for a separate post.

People drank my chhang, ate my food, and theirs too, turns out SA really likes cooking at they made six different items, which was incredible. We talked politics, philosophy, education, faith etcetera, all of that interesting stuff, quite an interesting set of conversations were had compared to talks with the regular Seattle gang.

The cleanup, which I did this morning, one that I had been dreading forever, has gone...shockingly easily? Loaded up the dishwasher, which took fifteen minutes maximum, and cleaned to two large dishes, and that was it basically. I thought it would take me hours and hours, considering some of the past dinners I've done people have created such a mess, but no, so easy, simple and quick. At this rate, I can do dinners with people over every weekend!

Maybe I should consider that seriously though.

All that remains is so much of that fucking pie, I need to put in the oven for like 45 minutes in a blistering temperature to make sure every last bit of it is thoroughly cook. And the crumble that's like so so bad for me, but ah well, yum yum yummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.