I need to change my Seattle social life

Let's cut to the chase.

I need to make more friends, hang out more often with people whose company I enjoy and start dating in Seattle. I have lived and enjoyed a hermetic experience a recent times and that's well and good but that is not what brings me joy, satisfaction and connection to my surrounding community. For that, I need to be less selfish, open up my social universe to other people in the Seattle area, do as they do, and actually try to understand and have empathy for others. Being a Loner is fun and all but that is the easy way, avoiding going beyond one's comfort zone, and that is not how personal or social growth happens.

Also I need to start taking more classes, start volunteering and generally talk to people not in my immediate circle. The social circle needs to expand, if for nothing else than my intellectual and emotional growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.