Should I really join a political party?

I wrote about wanting to join RSP in Nepal a couple of weeks ago, and then a week later I went to their website on my phone and filled the membership form as far as I could get. There was a requirement to upload my personal identification document, they asked for a passport, which I found a bit sketchy and too much of a hassle and didn't go along. Primarily because I don't trust the cybersecurity of Nepali website and it feels more like an identity-stealing strategy put inside a party membership form. There has to be an easier way to do it, surely.

So if they really want all of such personal information, and that too through a boring old web form, now I'm rethinking the entire joining the party thing, even though I'm confident they're good people. Maybe the next time I'm in Nepal I can go to there party offices in person and get the membership. Otherwise...it does not seem to be worth it, because information security issues and identity theft possibility.

Ugh.

The internet was a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.