Now, if I could only write journals on kindle...OR...Writing journals in the Kindle is a lot slower

As I've been bragging or moaning, or excitedly babbling for the last two months, I freaking love my scribe for reading and writing, and by this point I've written like two hundred posts in it already. I did finally find out some minor downsides of the device in the way I use it and wanted to bring it up here.

The problem is journal posts for this blog. As in, I didn't write them at all for the last month because it was far too month to do research and check up the dates and write. And when I finally did so like a couple of days ago, it took me about twice the time it usually takes me to. That's because I handwrite a lot slower than I type, the editing is nigh-impossible, and post annoyingly of all, checking location and photo history on the phone and writing on the device is so much slower than checking them up on google maps on the browser and writing the topics and the material on a desktop/laptop browser. So the typing is itself slower, and the research gets a lot slower as well. Plus it's not an ideal writing experience.

So the downsides of writing on the Scribe are, anything that needs even a bit of reference and moving around in technology takes a long time, the process itself is less frictionless and slower than typing, and well you still need to put into the blog at a later point.

Just to remind myself that there are downsides to this new exciting technology as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.