The solace in self

I asked a friend,
A newly trusted one,
How do I
Get away not texting
and dying slowly
in agony,
and see said,
be the solace
you seek in the world
within yourself,
Trust that you are the best
and you will find
somebody you deserve
and that the best is ahead
of you,
and that good things will happen
as they come, and this is not the end,
you deserve happiness,
you deserve love,
and you deserve somebody
to trust,
and most of all,
remember that you will always have
the most reliable person of all
with you,
your own goddamn self man,
so stop moaning and get out there
and give life a hell,
because self love is the greatest of them all.
And oh yeah, I figured,
I should have reached out to friends
and family and well-wishers
all this time, over the years,
and seeking solace in yourself is great
and even greater
is seeking comfort in the company
of good family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.