Review of Harlots Whores and Hackabouts - The Audiobook

I listened to the Harlots, Whores and Hackabouts book over the course of four or five hours yesterday and the day before. Quick review.

Let me begin by saying I loved the book, the length was nearly not enough and I could have easily listened to a book twice as long. It was interesting, exciting and hella wild, all the things that have happened, the history of sex work throughout history in one big gulp basically.

The book was read by its author who is clearly quite passionate about the matter and who's an activist. It wouldn't have been a big deal if not for the fact that her passion and anger came through so strongly in the book that I'd much rather have preferred to have read it instead because I can't handle the strong emotions in my audiobook, I'm listening to be tantalized and entertained and maybe for a bit of a laugh, not to be provoked and angered. In the end it was fine, the book would have been much better if it had been read by a professional voice artist, but regardless, wonderful book. Recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.