My personal workspace and standing desk arrangement is brilliant, and I can type so fast my hands will literally not let me get any faster or it hurts!

Some updates on the workspace arrangement in my apartment.

I've started putting the personal laptop in the standing desk, and the work laptop out in the living room or just from my bed because it's so freaking cold and I don't want to be standing while working. But somehow when I stand while blogging it motivates me to write more and not waste time because the pain of standing up is otherwise a bother? So this standing desk arrangement has been brilliant, I'm quite motivated and the ergonomics is great, eyes on the top of the monitor, hands on the perfect position for the keyboard.

It's so good in fact that my typing has never been easier and quicker...in fact on some posts I wrote earlier today, I was having problem writing faster than I was because my hands were hurting from typing too fast and I had to take a test to literally not hurt my hand muscles. It wasn't even the carpal tunnel thing, just the muscles were getting sore from the typing. So that's something interesting to consider...perhaps the limiting factor for my thoughts and writing is not my typing speed but the literal stamina of my hands, which can possibly improve if I work out more and make my hand muscles stronger?

Oh there's one more thing that is hindering my typing speed and that's corrections, if I need to go back more than a couple of steps, it's super duper slow to correct putting quite a big hindrance in the momentum of my work. But besides that, yeah I do touch typing and yeah my typing is still hella loud which means I'm pushing more than I should, but at least I'm not looking at the keyboard and my fingers know which spot to press. At maximum speed. Thanks to the writing arrangement.

It's such a strange thing to be able to say that the speed of your creativity (I should put creativity in quotes because there's not much creative content here to be honest, this is carpentery, technical work to improve typing and writing) is limited by the literal speed of the medium and the stamina of your hands, but here we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.