Zaika Restaurant Seattle: A review

I went to Zaika the Indian restaurant with SA almost a week ago. Quick review.

It's an expensive place, that's the first thing to note. The reason it took me so long to go there was I'd never considered it to be worth going, because a single entree can start in mid-to-late twenties and go all the way to fourties, easy. For example, SA got an entree and a side, and paid 90 buckaroos, including tips, oh by the way they include 18% tips for everyone and then ask if you want to add anything on top which is...something.

So anyway, I ordered the veggie biryani and...it was okay? For 32 bucks, it was...ehhhh. Had it been 14 buckaroos, I'd have considered it to be decent value for money, but for the monies I ended up paying, honestly it was not worth the hassle. And dare I say this...dare I, dare I...if I were given 32 buckaroos instead, I could use that to buy raw ingredients, look up recipes and make up a better biryani than they had after a couple of tries. While learning a new skill and still saving money. And I don't consider myself a specially good cook. I don't feel so dismissive about other cuisines, or really good Indian restaurants, but they're not...for the very small size of the menu I tried, good. Definitely not worth the menu.

There is not much to write about ambience or service or anything, except the observation that it's quite popular among the Indian population of the area, so clearly they do have something going on for them and SA tells me his Indian friends swear over it, despite him not being a fan himself.

Interesting.

Maybe it's got something to do with regional cuisines?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.