Back to savory oats

For dinner yesterday I had savory oats. Oats, soy sauce, butter, kimchi, and crispy chili oil. That was a part of my regular diet in Boston, that and grits, but I grew too tired of it so there had been a log.

It was my second meal of the day in like 2 hours too because only an hour or two before I had had a filling sandwich but I guess all the physical work made me extra hungry.

Things I like about savory oats in bowl: quick, yummy, healthy, minimal effort required. Things I don't like-the oats get clumpy and gross if you don't finish right away and the texture makes it hard to eat.

There's a variation in texture, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make things work.

What I'm thinking is, if I can find the tae Karis, spices and textures with South Asian cooking to go with Savory rolled oats, then I'll have something 'good going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.