I used to love the Return to Office( RTO) mandate, but now it might make me frustated enough

The senior management at my company have been making terrible decisions about the Rto policy and flexibility around that. Well unless the goal of their decision is to force a lot of people to quit out of frustration with the whole situation because in that case they've been hitting it out of the park, well done!

I used to be a fan of working from the office as I've written here quite often. But it's started making lesser and lesser sense since there's nobody I know at the office, my meeting's are disruptive the most when I'm at the office due to the background noise, and I can't even celebrate in-office events as they either conflict with my job meetings or are held beyond my office hours.

Add to that the fact that a higher up sent an email saying we could work fully remote but only during the two weeks of holidays and not a day beyond. Which is way more inflexible than it has ever been. My plan is to go to the East Coast between Thanksgiving and New Year, but that might not be possible, I'm hella mad. I'll ask my manager tomorrow and ask for maximum flexibility, and if it doesn't work out, it 'l I seethe a lot. And... well that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.